The CIA Framework can be used for:
- Evaluating relationships we have
- Evaluating a potential partner for a relationship
- Evaluating our selves in relationships
- Evaluating the direction for personal and relationship growth
- A persons demonstrates interest by how they chose to spend their time.
- Making choices
- How much time do they spend time with you? With other people? With other activities?
- Does this person pay attention to you when you are together?
- Does this person think about you when the two of you are not together?
Available: Physical, Mental and Emotional
- Being physically present with you
- Versus being physically absent
- Paying attention to you when you are together
- Not getting distracted
- Expressing what he/she is thinking, being willing to carry on a conversation
- Having positive beliefs about the benefits of relationships
- Being willing and able to feel a wide range of emotions
- Being willing and able to express these emotions
- Versus conscious and/or unconscious denial
- Being able to listen to another
– Able to focus attention
– Listen without self preoccupation, listen without judgement
- Be able to understand
- Be able to empathize
- Be able to interpret the meaning of what is said correctly
- Be able and willing to express ones self
– Without defensiveness
– Express self spontaneously and deliberately with fore thought
Capable, Interested, Available together
- If interested we make our self available.
- If available we seek out people who we could be interested in.
- If capable, we have relationship hunger. We seek out relationships. We have interest and make our self available
To begin reading the full article, let’s get started with Interested.